Before I announce my oh so special gift to everyone… I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has read and commented on my blog this week. It means a lot that you would take time out of your day to read what I have to say and show some love. So, thank you!
I wanted to check in with you guys and let you know how my “To Do” list has gone so far this week. I will not be boring you with my “To Do” list every week FYI, but wanted you to get a sneak peek into my life and understand how easy it is for me to struggle with a simple list. You may now see why I can’t keep my larger resolutions if I can’t even keep up with a basic list. I do not know why it is so hard for me. I am sure laziness plays a part to an extent as well as fear of failure, so I just give up before it gets to that point… but anyway, here is where I stand as of this morning.
- I had no problem picking out clothes and packing Bugaboo’s daycare bag the night before each workday. It did save time in the mornings and I think I will make that an official rule in my household. Have everything ready to go the night before. I can check that off my list.
- RUSHING IS BAD. I need to resolve this issue ASAP. It is never a good sign when you pull up to work only to realize your child is still in the backseat. This happened to me this morning. I never got out of the car or turned the car off, but I pulled in the parking lot and remembered that I never dropped Bugaboo off at daycare. I turned around and he was all smiles holding on to his stuffed Woody (Toy Story) doll. That was my bad mother moment of the day. No harm, no foul and everyone loved seeing him before I took him to daycare, but let us just say that waking up twenty minutes earlier each morning than normal is still a work in progress. It made for a rough week and I did not always get up, as I should have done. I set my alarm twenty minutes earlier, so in a way, I was up, because I had to keep hitting the snooze button, but I was not literally up and out of the bed. I still think I would benefit from waking up twenty minutes earlier each morning, so I will leave it on my list for now.
- I have made the bed every morning this week and have felt better about myself. It didn’t matter that I had a mound of clean folded laundry on my hope chest that needed to be put away or a stack of empty photo frames waiting to be used and hung up on the wall… the room looked better and made me happy when I left the house. I will make that an official rule in my household as well. I can check that off my list.
- Ah, yes, vitamins… We need to leave that on the list for another week. It’s not that I don’t want to take them, it’s just that I forget to take them in my rush to get out of the door each morning. I think I need to set them out the night before like my clothes and daycare bag.
- Cardio has been great so far this week. I do need to start walking and jogging more in preparation for my upcoming 5k on April 16. So far, I have done my hour-long kickboxing class but I realize that is only four days a week and really will not do much in the way of getting me across the finish line. I think I need to adjust my list to specify walking/jogging 30 minutes a day on top of kickboxing. I do not want to completely embarrass myself on the 16th.
- Spring-cleaning has been going well. I still have some closets to organize and baseboards to finish washing, but other than that, I am on track. It will stay on my list for another week until completely finished.
- Quiet time is going well.
- I wrote down my “case plan” and will post about it next week.
- Case notes. I will be doing those ALL DAY. Those never end for me it seems. One thing about social work; there are a lot of case notes and paperwork. I LOVE my job but HATE case notes.
Overall, I am proud of myself this week and the positive steps I am taking. I am headed in the right direction. I think accountability is good. I need that.
So yesterday, I announced that I would give everyone who read today’s post, a special gift. Well, Friday is here and the waiting is over! Your special gift is…. The GIFT OF AN ANNOYING SONG THAT WILL PLAY OVER AND OVER IN YOUR HEAD! I knew you guys would love it! Here is the thing. A couple of weeks ago, I was minding my business reading my daily Yahoo headlines and read about this new song that had gone viral and had the web stirring. Yes, I’m talking about Rebecca Black with her ‘Friday’ song. Critics claimed that it was the worst song in history and naturally, anything that bad, I wanted to hear it for myself. I watched the music video on You Tube and I could not agree more with the critics, the song really is one of the worst songs I have ever heard. I mean awful. Awful really isn’t even powerful enough to describe it. However, no matter how bad the song is, towards the end of the work week, I catch myself singing it.. It’s Friday, Friday…Gotta get down on Friday…Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend…Friday, Friday…Gettin’ down on Friday…Everybody’s lookin’ forward…to the weekend…Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday…Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)…We…we-we so excited…We so excited…We gonna have a ball today
http://www.directlyrics.com/rebecca-black-friday-lyrics.html (Just read the lyrics if you don’t believe me on how awful it is)
I got the song stuck in my coworkers head and she pretty much wants to strangle me on Fridays now, especially when I catch her singing it.
Therefore, my gift to you, my dear readers, is to enjoy your Friday in style, Rebecca Black style. I wish you could hear the song on here, because I’m telling you, IT NEVER LEAVES YOUR HEAD… Enjoy!
(I think you can play a sample part or you can Google Rebecca Black Friday and listen to it on You Tube. You will be thanking me later that I am sure of)
GQ will be with us this weekend and Man-Child has requested that I take some photos of the boys with him and of GQ and Bugaboo together. I hope that I can edit and have them ready for a preview sometime next week! There is also an Earth Fest in town on Saturday that I hope to take the boys too. I want them both to be as Green as can be!
There are so many local events and activities scheduled for April. It is going to be a busy but fun month. I can’t wait to share with you some of the upcoming events that I know you will get a kick out of, especially a certain four-legged event. Details to be posted next week. Again, I’m sorry for the long posts. I think they are so long now because I’m excited about the blog and have so much to initially say, but I’m sure that will wear off. Sorry!